Extension After Care Instructions
Oooooh girl you have fresh new locks!! Now what? We need to have a little chat about how to care for your extensions in your day-to-day life. Please take the time to review these instructions carefully. Trust me, your extensions will thank you later.
• Always brush hair thoroughly with a Wet Brush BEFORE washing.
• Use a recommended sulfate free shampoo and conditioner to prolong your color and extensions. Iles Formula is my FAVE, available at Volition Hair Co.
• Separate top row and top of your hair BEFORE you get in the shower. Wash bottom row, rinse, then let the top down and wash & condition.
• Be sure all product is rinsed away.
• Use a leave in + finishing serum combo right after your shower and before you brush out your hair with the Wet Brush.
• Again, separate your rows and brush individually.
• When brushing wet hair, start from your ends and work your way up. Hold the hair in one hand (pinched in a ponytail) and brush down.
• Rough dry your hair 80% of the way (no tugging at the extensions with a round brush or comb, just use your hands/fingers). This applies to blow dry bars as well. Make sure to communicate to whoever is styling your hair to NOT round brush your hair from start to to finish.
• Use a round brush and a small amount of tension to smooth your hair and the extension hair the last few minutes to finish the blow-dry.
• DO NOT LET YOUR HAIR AIRDRY FULLY. Always blow-dry to finish & seal down the cuticle.
• A Microfiber hair wrap/turban helps soak up water from your extensions. This is my fave!
• When curling your extensions, run the hair through the curling iron lightly to smooth the hair once or twice before placing curls. This will give your extensions a more polished look, close the cuticle, and prolong the extension hair.
• Brush your hair thoroughly with Wet Brush before bed.
• Apply recommended oil or serum through your ends.
• Place in a loose ponytail or braid to ensure there is no tension on your scalp.
• Sleep on a silk pillowcase
• NEVER go to sleep with your hair wet. This will damage your extensions beyond repair, causing you to purchase new extensions.
• You can live a normal active lifestyle with your Extensions, just treat the extensions & your scalp with some gentleness to keep them looking their best, the longest.
• After a few washes the extension hair will start to expand, and take on a more realistic hair texture. They will feel more like your own hair.
• If you notice any excess tangling or hair shedding, please contact me, as these are quick fixes if addressed right away.
• AVOID SUNSCREEN touching your extensions. If you are wearing sunscreen, be sure to have your hair in a braid, bun, or ponytail. ONLY use Bare Republic Sunscreen. This product does not contain Avobenzone, which can turn your extensions a PEACHY color.
I truly hope you're as OBSESSED with your new Extensions as I am! If you have questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to me!